Call for abstracts
Deadline 31 March 2015
Opened the call for abstracts for the conference in Rome (Italy) 14-17 September 2015.
Abstracts can be submitted through the conference system EasyChair until 31 March 2015.
After a positive evaluation of the abstract the author will be asked to upload a paper of max 10 pages which will be published online on the website of the conference. There will also be the possibility to submit a short paper of max 2 pages enabling the authors to still publish their results in peer reviewed journals after the conference. Short papers will be published in a book of proceedings. The procedures for the papers will be published on the website soon.
List of working groups:
Click on the working group for description and convenors or download pdf (500 KB)
- WG1 – Connecting local and global food systems and reducing footprint in food provisioning and use
- WG2 – Short food supply chains (regional products; farmers’ markets; collective farmers’ marketing initiatives; alternative food networks; CSA)
- WG3 – Economic impact at the farm level
- WG4 – New business models for multiple value creation
- WG5 – Entrepreneurial skills and competences, knowledge and innovation systems and new learning arrangements
- WG6 – Transition approaches
- WG7 – Regional branding and local agrifood systems: strategies, governance, and impacts
- WG8 – Food systems and spatial planning. Towards a reconnection?
- WG9 – Land-use transformations
- WG10 – Urban agriculture I. Urban agriculture and Urban Food Strategies: Processes, Planning, Policies and Potential to Reconnect Society and Food
- WG11 – Urban agriculture II. Grass-root initiatives and community gardens
- WG12 – Urban agriculture III: Effects of UA. Urban agriculture: a potential tool for local and global food security, economic, social and environmental resilience, and community health and wellness
- WG13 – Care Farming/Social Farming in more resilient societies
- WG14 – Rural tourism (agri-tourism) and changing urban demands
- WG15 – Local arrangements for agricultural ecosystem services: connecting urban populations to their peri-urban landscapes through the ecosystem services of agriculture
- WG16 – Gender aspects of multifunctional agriculture
- WG17 – Civic agriculture for an urbanizing society: production models, consumption practices and forms of governance
- WG18 – Society Oriented Farming – working on the balance between market and societal demands
- WG19 – Food Security: Meanings, Practices and Policies
- WG20 – Revolutionary solutions for local food systems
- WG21 – Urban forestry, Green infrastructure
- WG22 – Food System Transitions: Cities and the Strategic Management of Food Practices
- WG23 – Conceptualising and Assessing City Region Food Systems
- WG24 – Revaluing institutional food procurement
- WG25 – Postharvest Aspects of Local Food Supply Chains of Urban Centres